Terms of Service
We're not fond of long legal documents, but we have to have this page.
In non-legally binding fashion, the Terms of Service on the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge boil down to:
- You may use any material the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge owns (e.g., DMOPC problems) for educational purposes.
- Other materials (e.g., CCC problems) may have copyright set out by their publishers, and you should consult them when in doubt.
- You may not host material the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge owns on any website with online grading capabilities (without our consent).
- The DMOJ: Modern Online Judge is provided with absolutely no warranty.
- We may interrupt service at any time, and we are not responsible for any consequences that may arise from your inability to use it. Naturally, we hope to maintain a high level of uptime, but we do so without any guarantee that we will.
- We are not responsible for content users may publish in comments. If you see a questionable link, don't click it.
- If use of the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge is illegal in your jurisdiction, don't use it.
- We keep your information secure, and do not store plaintext passwords in our database.
- We may change these terms at any time.
That said, we still recommend you read the full Terms of Service, available below.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
The DMOJ: Modern Online Judge hosts resources from a number of publishers unaffiliated with the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge. Unless otherwise stated, the material remains the property of and is subject to any license the publisher has determined. In regard to material the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge owns, you must not, without prior consent from the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- "mirror" the materials on any other server with online grading capabilities.
For material owned by the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge, consent is given for its distribution and modification for educational purposes, with appropriate credits to the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge's web site are provided "as is". the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge's Internet site, even if the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge or a DMOJ: Modern Online Judge authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The DMOJ: Modern Online Judge does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The DMOJ: Modern Online Judge has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the DMOJ: Modern Online Judge's web site shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.