Welcome to the second Appleby College Programming contest!
With the CCC quickly approaching, this contest will be a great way to practice your problem solving skills. The difficulty will be from CCCJ1 to CCCS3.
The Problem Setters areand .
Special thanks to, , , , and for testing, feedback, and assistance with the problems!
The contest will run from February 12th, 00:00 EST to February 15th 23:59 EST. You will have a two hour window to solve problems of roughly increasing difficulty ranging from CCC Junior to CCC Senior S3.
Here are the parameters of the contest:
- Contest duration: 2 hours.
- Number of problems: 5, full feedback (you will see the results of your submissions instantly). Each problem will be worth 100 points, and all problems will offer partial marks in the form of subtasks.
- Scoreboard will be visible.
- No incorrect submission penalty.
- There will be no submission limit.
- Ties in score will be broken by the last submission time that increased your score.
- This contest is unrated.
We have listed below some advice as well as contest strategies:
- Remove all extra debugging code and/or input prompts from your code before submitting. The judge is very strict — most of the time, it requires your output to match exactly.
- Do not pause program execution at the end. The judging process is automated. You should use
stdoutto perform input / output, respectively.
- Python users are recommended to use PyPy 2/3 over Python 2/3 when submitting.
At the end of the contest, you may comment below to appeal a judging verdict. In the case of appeals, the decision(s) of DMOJ staff is final.
|Appleby Contest '20 P1 - Terrific Triangles||3p||21.7%||479||Editorial|
|Appleby Contest '20 P2 - Playful Playdoughs||5p||24.5%||310|
|Appleby Contest '20 P3 - Ridiculous String||10p||17.5%||175||Editorial|
|Appleby Contest '20 P4 - Philosophy Class||12p||15.3%||81||Editorial|
|Appleby Contest '20 P5 - Ridiculous Tree||15p||21.9%||57||Editorial|