Welcome to the Mackenzie New Year's Challenge. This contest will take place from January 7th at 12:00pm to January 8th midnight.
You will have a total of 36 hours to attempt the problems. This round is unrated. There are 6 problems in approximately increasing difficulty, varying from CCC Senior to CCO difficulty. Full test data is used, meaning no systests. The score you see is the score you have. The problem setters for this round areand .
All problems are guaranteed to be solvable in C++.
Tips for this contest
- Take your time. You have 36 hours. That's more than enough time to partake in the challenge. Although you may not be coding during the whole time, if you read the problems, you'll be thinking about them subconsciously.
- Read the problems carefully. Misreading questions can lead to a lot of frustration and time wasted on debugging.
- Read all the problems. They may not be as hard as they seem.
- Attempt all the problems. You may get partial points! Some subtasks may not be as hard as they seem.
- Feel free to learn and search things up while trying to solve a problem, this challenge is meant as an educational experience to improve your programming for 2017!
- Have fun! Don't fret about how you do on this contest, (it's not rated) just have fun. Feel good about every single point that you get.
Introduction to DMOJ for New Users
DMOJ is an online judge, meaning that you can submit your code for a problem and the servers will run it! Magic, right? It will give you feedback on how your program did. Use standard I/O. (For Turing, use
put, no file I/O needed; for Java, use
System.out). See here for more details.
Sample A + B program in Turing.
Given integers and , find the sum of and .
var A, B : int get A, B put A + B
See, no file I/O needed! It's as easy as the code above.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
|MNYC '17: 2048||5||30.6%||58|
|MNYC '17: ASCII Art II||5||40.0%||50|
|MNYC '17: Hurontario||10p||11.3%||72|
|MNYC '17: Removing Christmas Trees||15p||11.4%||25|
|MNYC '17: Skiing Competition||15p||4.3%||14|
|MNYC '17: Bells||17p||17.5%||51|