We welcome you to this year's Valentine's Day Contest, Junior Division! Because the CCC is coming up, the Valentine's Day Contest will be in CCC format, with two divisions, with five problems each to solve in 3 hours, with a maximum of 50 submissions per problem. The window will open at 9AM EST on the 14th and will run until 9PM on the 16th.
Parameters for the contest:
- Contest duration: 3 hours.
- Number of problems: 5, full feedback, with subtasks.
- Not rated.
- Scoreboard will be visible.
- Number of submissions allowed per problem: 50.
- Problem setters: , , , , .
The Junior and Senior divisions will not have overlapping problems, so you may participate in both.
The contest consists of 5 questions with a similar range of difficulty to the CCC junior, and you can get partial marks for partial solutions in the form of subtasks. If you cannot solve a problem fully, we encourage you to go for these partial marks. It is highly recommended to read and attempt all of the problems. You will have 3 hours to complete the contest. After the contest window begins, you may begin at any time. Your personal timer will start counting down, and you will be able to submit until 3 hours from when you started, or until the hard deadline, whichever comes first.
After joining the contest, you proceed to the Problems tab to begin. You can also go to Users if you wish to see the rankings.
We have listed below some advice as well as contest strategies:
- Start from the beginning. Ties will be broken by the sum of times used to solve the problems starting from the beginning of the contest. The last submission time of your highest score will be used.
- Remove all extra debugging code and/or input prompts from your code before submitting. The judge is very strict — most of the time, it requires your output to match exactly.
- Do not pause program execution at the end. The judging process is automated. You should use stdin / stdout to perform
- It is guaranteed that all the problems will be solvable with C++.
At the end of the contest, you may comment below to appeal a judging verdict. In the case of appeals, the decision(s) of our staff is final.
|Valentine's Day '19 J1 - Rainbow Rating||3||42.5%||279||Editorial|
|Valentine's Day '19 J2 - Pink!||3p||64.0%||248||Editorial|
|Valentine's Day '19 J3 - Love!||7p||16.7%||107||Editorial|
|Valentine's Day '19 J4 - Flowers||5||16.4%||53||Editorial|
|Valentine's Day '19 J5 - Falling in Love||7p||12.1%||46||Editorial|