The contest has ended. You can now submit the problems on the main judge.
The Problems are listed below:
P1 - Median Mark
P2 - Tiles
P3 - New Students
P4 - Perfect Timing
P5 - Surprise Teleport
P6 - Biology Homework
Welcome to our first Don Mills Open Programming Contest of the year - and our first contest that is to be written in schools other than DMCI!
The contest consists of 6 questions with a wide range of difficulties, and you can get partial marks for partial solutions. The difficulty of a problem may be anywhere from CCC Junior to CCO level. You will have 2 hours and 15 minutes to complete the contest.
After joining the contest, proceed to the Problems tab to begin. You can also go to Users if you wish to see the rankings.
We understand that for many of you, online programming contests are a relatively new thing; therefore, we have provided you with some advice as well as contest strategies:
- Start from the beginning. The problems are ordered by difficulty.
- It is strongly advised to run your code on your own computer with the sample input we provide before submitting. It's faster to find and fix mistakes at this stage rather than submitting and waiting only to find out that your solution doesn't compile.
- Remove all extra debugging code and/or input prompts from your code before submitting. The judge is very strict — it requires your output to match exactly.
- Ensure your program works with the sample input, however, just because it works with the sample input doesn’t guarantee that it will earn full points. Read the problem statement very carefully to look for things you may have missed on the first read-through. It is not forbidden — in fact, even encouraged to make your own test cases to debug your program on.
- If you’re stuck on a problem, or are getting most of the partial marks, you can simply proceed to the next question. There are some people who spend their time debugging or making their code more efficient only to earn a few extra points for one question. Sometimes it's best to just move on and return to that question later on in the contest.
Our next contest - the DMOPC November - will take place next week on Tuesday November 18 from 15:30 to 18:30.
|DMOPC '14 Contest 1 P1 - Median Mark||5p||18.7%||342||Editorial|
|DMOPC '14 Contest 1 P2 - Tiles||3p||53.6%||664||Editorial|
|DMOPC '14 Contest 1 P3 - New Students||7p||38.8%||507||Editorial|
|DMOPC '14 Contest 1 P4 - Perfect Timing||8p||24.3%||90||Editorial|
|DMOPC '14 Contest 1 P5 - Surprise Teleport||12p||19.3%||204||Editorial|
|DMOPC '14 Contest 1 P6 - Biology Homework||25p||17.9%||19||Editorial|