A new year, a new Mackenzie. Mackenzie is debuting into DMOJ with our first contest! This 36 hour challenge will last from 9:00 am Wednesday December 30 until 9:00 pm Thursday December 31. It consists of 6 problems ordered in increasing difficulty. Take time and read carefully! We encourage you to learn from this, so take your time and feel free to learn new concepts as you go. Partial points will be awarded, so attempt all the problems! As a result the contest unfortunately will not be rated. (It's too easy anyways). All problems created by legolover2 (Justin Pu).
It is guaranteed that all problems are solvable in C++. P4 is actually impossible to solve in Turing.
Tips for this contest
- Take your time. You have 36 hours. That's more than enough time to partake in the challenge. Although you may not be coding during the whole time, if you read the problems, you'll be thinking about them subconsciously.
- Read the problems carefully. Misreading questions can lead to a lot of frustration and time wasted on debugging.
- Read all the problems. They may not be as hard as they seem.
- Attempt all the problems. You'll get partial points! (Hint: find the easy cases where you simply output a line specified.)
- Feel free to learn and search things up while trying to solve a problem, this challenge is meant as an educational experience to improve your programming for 2016!
- Have fun! Don't fret about how you do on this contest, (it's not rated) just have fun. Feel good about every single point that you get.
Introduction to DMOJ for New Users
DMOJ is an online judge, meaning that you can submit your code for a problem and the servers will run it! Magic, right? It will give you feedback on how your program did. Use standard I/O. (For Turing, use
put, no file I/O needed; for Java, use
System.out). See here for more details.
Sample A + B program in Turing.
Given integers and , find the sum of and .
var A, B : int get A, B put A + B
See, no file I/O needed! It's as easy as the code above.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
|Mackenzie New Year's Challenge P1 - King Modulus||3p||29.3%||182|
|Mackenzie New Year's Challenge P2 - Moore's Law||5p||10.9%||68|
|Mackenzie New Year's Challenge P3 - ECOO!||5p||9.8%||75|
|Mackenzie New Year's Challenge P4 - Abdoof||7||17.0%||33|
|Mackenzie New Year's Challenge P5 - Jelly||10p||10.4%||40|
|Mackenzie New Year's Challenge P6 - Rocks||15p||26.4%||114|