Welcome to An Animal Contest! This contest will be themed around monkeys!
You will have 3 hours to complete the contest. After the contest window begins, you may begin at any time. Once you enter the contest, your personal timer will start counting down and you will be able to submit until 3 hours from when you started, or until the hard deadline (00:00:00 EDT of August 4th), whichever comes first.
After joining the contest, you proceed to the Problems tab to begin.
Here are some additional parameters of the contest:
- The difficulty of the problems may range anywhere from CCC Junior to CCO level.
- Problems will be approximately increasing in difficulty. Reading all of the statements is recommended.
- Checkers: unless otherwise specified, identical. The contest will follow the standard convention of having all lines terminate in a
\ncharacter, with no trailing whitespace.
- It is guaranteed that all problems will be solvable with Java and C++.
We have listed below some advice as well as contest strategies:
- Remove all extra debugging code and/or input prompts from your code before submitting. The judge is very strict — most of the time, it requires your output to match exactly.
- Do not pause program execution at the end. The judging process is automated. You should use stdin / stdout to perform input / output, respectively.
- Python users are recommended to use PyPy 2/3 over Python 2/3 when submitting.
Clarification requests for the contest must be routed through the clarification system provided on DMOJ, and not through other channels including but not limited to Discord and Slack. Furthermore, all clarification requests will be handled the way they normally are in IOI. Note that, in particular, clarification requests must come in the form of yes/no questions.
Due to rampant issues with cheating on contests that has happened recently, any suspicious behavior during the contest window may result in your rating being impacted negatively. Such behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Divulging the contents of the scoreboard to participants who have not finished their window.
- Registering for the contest with at least two accounts.
- Participating in the contest with an account that is not your primary account.
- During the contest window, talking about the contest in more detail than answering a yes/no question about whether one participated in the contest. This includes, but is not limited to, posting spoilers about the contest and public speculation of the contest.
- Attempting to exploit bugs in the platform to subvert the constraints of the contest.
Punishments may include performance being unrated or, for more serious infractions, being forcibly ranked at the bottom of the scoreboard.
At the end of the contest, you may comment below to appeal a judging verdict. In the case of appeals, the decision(s) of DMOJ staff is final.
|An Animal Contest 3 P1 - Monkey Shopping||3||31.5%||969||Editorial|
|An Animal Contest 3 P2 - Monkey Potato||5p||19.4%||508||Editorial|
|An Animal Contest 3 P3 - Monkey Market||7||20.3%||367||Editorial|
|An Animal Contest 3 P4 - Monkey Mayhem||7||29.3%||218||Editorial|
|An Animal Contest 3 P5 - Monkey Canoe||12p||19.0%||129||Editorial|
|An Animal Contest 3 P6 - Monkey Station||17||13.7%||45||Editorial|
|An Animal Contest 3 P7 - Monkey Lasers||25p||7.6%||13||Editorial|
|An Animal Contest 3 P8 - Monkey Retirement||25p||3.4%||8|