It is well known thatis always angry. To vent out his anger, he decided to create yet another contest with , and , but this time it's 8 problems! To help with this, they pulled in to come up with some great problems.
After receiving feedback on the previous contests, we have decided to add an additional problem at the beginning of the contest. We expect this problem to be easier than all previous WAC problems.
Here are the parameters of the contest:
- Contest duration: 4 hours.
- Number of problems: 8, full feedback. Each problem will be worth 100 points, with some problems offering partial marks in the form of subtasks.
- Rated for opening the contest. Unlike with other contests which require making a submission for the contest to be rated, opening the contest and being able to read the problems will cause the contest to be rated.
- Scoreboard will be public.
- No submission penalty.
- No submission limit.
- Ties will be broken by the last submission time that increased your overall score.
- Checkers for problems: Unless otherwise specified,
identical. The contest will follow the standard convention of having all lines terminate in a
\ncharacter, with no trailing whitespace.
Furthermore, users are forbidden from using multiple accounts or collaborating during the entire contest duration. Any suspicious behaviour during the contest window may result in a severe penalty including, but not limited to, being placed at the bottom of the scoreboard. Such behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Registering for the contest with at least two accounts.
- Participating in the contest with an account that is not your primary account.
- During the contest window, talking about the contest in more detail than answering a yes/no question about whether one participated in the contest. This includes, but is not limited to, posting spoilers about the contest and public speculation of the contest.
- Attempting to exploit bugs in the platform to subvert the constraints of the contest.
The problem setters for this contest are, , , and .
Special thanks to, , , , and for providing feedback and testing the problems.
A special thank you tofor his administrative assistance and feedback with the contest.
This contest will consist of 8 problems, the difficulty of which is similar to a typical Wesley's Anger Contest.
You will have 4 hours to complete the contest. After the contest window begins (January 23rd, 09:00 EST), you may begin at any time. Once you enter the contest, your personal timer will start counting down and you will be able to submit until 4 hours from when you started, or until the hard deadline (January 24th, 23:59 EST), whichever comes first.
After joining the contest, you can proceed to the Problems tab to begin. You can also go to Users if you wish to see the rankings.
We have listed below some advice as well as contest strategies:
- It is not guaranteed that the problems will be in order of increasing difficulty. Reading all of the statements is recommended.
- Remove all extra debugging code and/or input prompts from your code before submitting. The judge is very strict - most of the time, it requires your output to match exactly.
- Do not pause program execution at the end. The judging process is automated. You should use
stdoutto perform input / output, respectively.
- It is guaranteed that all the problems will be solvable with C++. All problems have a time limit of at least 2x the reference solution, which is written in C++ and uses this template for I/O. If you're unable to see the template, you must solve this problem. Problems that have been tested in multiple languages may have language specific time limits.
At the end of the contest, you may comment below to appeal a judging verdict. In the case of appeals, the decision(s) of DMOJ staff is final.
|Wesley's Anger Contest 6 Problem 1 - Timbit Sales||3||67.4%||230||Editorial|
|Wesley's Anger Contest 6 Problem 2 - Cheap Christmas Lights||5p||20.3%||163||Editorial|
|Wesley's Anger Contest 6 Problem 3 - Difference Sorting||10p||16.3%||101||Editorial|
|Wesley's Anger Contest 6 Problem 4 - Runway Lights||12p||13.5%||82||Editorial|
|Wesley's Anger Contest 6 Problem 5 - Canadian Christmas Cactus||15p||15.5%||45||Editorial|
|Wesley's Anger Contest 6 Problem 6 - Santa's Candy Factory||20p||7.1%||19||Editorial|
|Wesley's Anger Contest 6 Problem 7 - SantaTracker++||25p||17.5%||7||Editorial|
|Wesley's Anger Contest 6 Problem 8 - Crystal Disco||30p||22.7%||7||Editorial|